Monday, July 21, 2008

on a heavier note

Jeff went into work this morning and found out that he was laid off due to lack of business. Please pray that we would wait patiently for the Lord to answer us, that we would hear His voice and follow after Him and that through this tough situation God would be glorified and that others would come to know the Awesomeness and the Greatness of our great God and Savior placing all their hope and faith in Him.... for in Him we live, move and have our being!

In the mean time we had a nice and quiet afternoon together as a family. The girls have VBS at the church around the corner this week, so Jeff plans to spend the mornings job hunting, then we as a family have decided to go on all sorts of adventures... so stay tuned!

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God. For just as the suffering of Christ flows into our lives, so also through Christ our comfort overflows.
2 Corinthians 1:3-5

3 comments:

mommybader said...

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." Jeremiah 29:11-13

I love you guys

Unknown said...

As I was reading the first paragraph I was thinking: I hope they enjoy this time as a family...then I read about your planned adventures.
I will be praying for you in this time. Josh will soon be in the same boat and we are even now waiting on the Lord.
God has an amazing plan that often takes one through the valleys.
(You can always job hunt down here! :)

John and Melissa said...

We'll be praying for you guys. Enjoy your extra time together as a family! I can't wait to hear about your adventures. Maybe you will decide to make a trip over to Northern Idaho! :)