Wednesday, May 14, 2008

just an update...

I can not believe how quickly May is flying by. It actually kind of scares me when I think about it... so I won't.
Life at the Harlan home is as busy as ever. Jeff is finishing up his men's study at church in a few weeks. This weekend the men in his life group are having a work day for people in our neighborhood...God has really pressed it upon Jeff's heart that in order to reach the lost... they need to have their practical needs meet first and by doing that the door is opened to conversations and can all be brought back to how faithful God is!!! I am going to give a plug here for men's only accountability groups. I have seen Jeff grow so much since joining his life group as the Christian leader of our house, as a daddy and a husband... I give credit to God who provided a group of men where they can be just that, men sharing what God is doing in their lives, the struggles that through the power of the Holy Spirit they will conquer and to spend time praying for and encouraging each other every week...Jeff I am so proud of you and am loving to watch all the great things that God is doing in you and through you!!!
Layne only has 4 more weeks of preschool that is 12 days to be exact... and boy do we have summer fever around our house. On June 4 she has her preschool graduation...I am little skeptical...but I guess its all part of the preschool experience. Today after school she said to me " Mom at 1 o'clock Avery is coming over for a tea party...could you please get that ready for us." I told her majesty that Avery's mom and I had not talked but that we would have a tea party soon. Layne is a social butterfly and always wanting to have a party of some sorts. Her favorite party is our Mango party.... Wednesday night after church we come home at eat mango's on our bed... what a party :)
Maisen and I finished up BSF today. She absolutely loved her teachers and her friends there. It was really sad to say good bye. Maisen is keeping busy with her sisters ever busy schedule of play dates and tea party's. She is always happy to go along for the ride.
I have finished up BSF as well and the Bible study I was leading at church. I am looking forward to a period of rest and rejuvenation. The girls and I planted our garden and check it everyday to see if anything has sprouted... no luck yet. For mothers day I got an upside down tomato planter... I am really excited to see how it works out. Last year my tomato's did not do so well...we hoping for a better turn out this year.
Well, I just wanted to give a little update of all the goings on here in Marysville...
I am really sorry about the lack of pictures... I struggle with computer gadgets and try as Jeff may I think I am just computer illiterate...so I will have him help me post some soon!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

First, I think our husbands would have a lot to talk about regarding outreach to the needy. He has been mulling these things over for awhile. They sound like they are on the same page. What a great thing to do for your neighbors!
Secondly, I HAVE TO KNOW HOW YOUR TOMATO PLANTER WORKS! my mom and I were just talking about that! How funny! Please post about it when it progresses!

Zero said...

None of my ideas would do anyone any good if I did not have a wonderful wife to support me and help me in the areas that I still struggle with.
You are the best wife a man could hope for.