Monday, September 8, 2008

just an update

We have been insanely busy at the Harlan household, I am very ready to have our fall routine in place.
Jeff has been working crazy hours pulling cable. We are so grateful for the job, but the new schedule and lack of routine has taken a bit of getting used to. He is working swing shift finishing up some school projects. Last week, he left for work at 2:30pm and called later that afternoon saying he would be home around 12:30 am. I woke up in terror at 2:22am cause he had not yet come home. I lay there debating whether or not to call, I called. There had been so many things go wrong that night and he was finally on his way home. I was relieved. I think for the most part Jeff is really enjoying his job and getting to try something new. He is my hero. I could not work at 11:00 at night. I can barely handle getting my kids there 50th glass of cold water at 8:00... Jeff if you read this I am proud of you!
Layne LOVES kindergarten. But today would be her favourites day of all, it was ballet day. They do there academics in the morning and then spend the afternoon practicing fine art and Monday is always ballet day. The day we had to pack to school a pink tutu, pink leotard, pink tights and pink ballet slippers. You may now ask her how to jump like a ballerina and she can show you. But to give you warning, she does still land with a very loud thud. Next week maybe they will learn how to be light on their toes.
Maisen is still my easy going one. She gets to go to Tirus' house to play on Monday and Friday mornings and to Micah's house on Tuesday and Thursday morning, and then gets to come and help me in Layne's class on Wednesday mornings. She has recently discovered the joys of playing games with us. She loves to play Hi HO Cherrio and the fishing game, but she cheats on that one and uses her fingers instead of the fishing pole. Oh well.
I am enjoying every moment of working in Layne's class. I love to see children excited about learning and to see teachers just as excited about teaching. It is a very contagious excitement in the class and boy are those kiddos smart as a whip. I am so thankful that I have this opportunity to give Layne the type of education in an environment which suites her learning style.
Baby news, I have popped. I feel probably larger than I actually am. I have made it to the 14 wk mark, but I still have a lot of anxiety as I lost Nicholas at 16 wks. I do have a Drs. appointment next Monday that I am dreading and looking forward to all the same time. I know that those two do not seem to go together, but if you have expereinced a 2nd trimester miscarriage you would understand.
Well in a very small nutshell that is just some of the goings on in the Harlan family!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad to hear, Cor! I will be waiting for "popped" pictures!"

Jess said...

I second the picture request. I'm sure you're adorable. So happy to hear that everyone is enjoying the school year schedule. I'm with you on the weird hour issue. Josh has been working swings, but goes to graveyard this week and it's going to be a challenge. I told Syd to get ready for snuggling! =)

mommybader said...

You DO look completely adorable with your little prego-belly!! :o) And I think next time Maisen comes over to play with Tirus while you're at school with Layne, I'm going to follow those two around with a video camera!! They do and say the funniest things!! I'll especially try to video their next "baseball game" they play!! 3 year olds playing baseball, does it get any cuter than that?!?!