Friday, September 12, 2008

the zoo

Thursday, Layne had her first field trip. She and her classmates went to the zoo. I had been debating whether or not I wanted to go. I love her class, but the thought of driving kids to the Woodland Park Zoo, following them around, making sure no one jumped the fence to pet the tiger and then drive the kids back just made me tired. Jeff had a meeting scheduled in Bellevue at 3 that same day, so he decided that he wanted to go with her as the swing shift schedule has not allowed him to see her a whole lot. I have to say what a brave man!!! Highlights of the trip would include: riding in daddy's car to the zoo, feeding the giraffe, having a picnic with all your friends, seeing the PINK flamingo's.
While Layne and Jeff were having a special day, Maisen and I went to the Children's Museum. They have recently added new exhibits and what fun we had driving the bus, putting pegs in the larger the life lite bright, helping at the veterinary clinic and making pizza for all our new friends. After the museum we went to lunch with Maisen's best friend Tirus, his mommy and Maisens BSF teacher from last year. We had a great time eating chips and salsa, enjoying yummy enchilada's and seeing an old friend.
Today, Jeff is back to swing shift, I went back to assisting in Layne's class, Layne was back in school, and Maisen was back to her routinely scheduled play dates!
Tomorrow is the big Glen Eagle garage sale, I hoping to pick up some non gender specific baby items! Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Jess said...

Sounds like a busy and fun day for all! Daddy days are always special around here too. Hope you found good stuff at the garage sale.