Friday, April 25, 2008

worms and other joys of playing outside

Today, I finally braved my disaster of a garden... it was an absolute wreck. But never fear I have two master gardeners to help me with such a tedious task. It was such a joy to work outside with the girls. Layne has always loved to play with earthworms and today she taught her sister the joy of playing with them as well. Layne and Maisen found as many worms as possible and created a family out them. There was a mommy, a daddy, a big sister and a baby in the Harlan worm family. It was really funny to listen in on the conversation that worm family was having with one another. At one point Layne comes running over with her worm and says proudly "mom, look! I taught this one how to dance!". I look up and see this poor -little worm wiggling about frantically as it is being dangled by my beautiful blue eyed daughters fingers. We then finished our work with our first official picnic of the year!!! Three cheers for peanut butter and jelly sandwiches covered in dirt!!!

1 comment:

mommybader said...

Glad to hear you've been enjoying this beautiful weather that God's been blessing us with these past few days! I couldn't resist the sunshine either so my kids and I went and cleaned up our backyard a little bit today. Gotta jet, happy gardening!