Saturday, August 16, 2008

Sabbath

Today, Jeff and Layne were having a discussion about preparing for Sabbath rest. Layne posed the question "why do we have Sabbath rest?". I told her the story of creation again and placed more emphasis on the 7th day when God rested. She sat there quietly pondering what we had just discussed and then without missing a beat she asked how could that be, cause God never rest, He is always there anytime night or day! Hmm, what a smart girl.
The conversation ended by an interruption from her sister, but it floored me at how her brain was working and that she knows her Heavenly Father is there always.
I need to sit down and try to explain that God was modeling for us what Sabbath rest would be, but this is where I struggle as a mom, how do I word doctrine and biblical truths is such a way that she will grasp it. I know the answer to my problem is take it to the Lord in prayer. So, I will.
I'll let you know how the rest of the conversation turns out!
Enjoy your Sabbath rest!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How sweet! And what a great reminder for us that He never rests!